With so many plans and commitments, sometimes it can be pretty difficult to really have a break during your holiday vacations. Here are 5 tips for you to really relax during your break, so you can come back feeling completely refreshed.
- Find yourself a good book. We often read books for work or for school, but how often do you read a book just because it was a good book? When you get the chance to sit down and read this holiday season, try to find a book that makes you happy to read. Whatever you choose, make sure that you can finish it before returning to school. Not being able to finish a book can be as stressful as not starting at all.
- Try new relaxation techniques. Yoga, meditation and going to the spa can make all the difference when relieving stress and trying to relax. You will feel better, and you might even pick up a few new hobbies along the way to help you destress throughout the rest of the year.
- Travel easier. When they aren’t planned right, sometimes vacation trips can become even more stressful than the world you are escaping. Try to avoid traveling during the times of the day when traffic and commuter build-up are at their worst; instead try to plan your trips around it and leave at a less busy time. You can even try to take your time, stopping to see the sights as you drive; if you focus too long on the destination, you won’t be able to enjoy the journey.
- Make time for “Me Time”. During holidays, many people feel bad if they try to avoid their families or don’t spend all of their time together. Holidays are just as much about recharging as they are reconnecting. Don’t feel bad taking some time for you this holiday season, everyone else is sure to understand.
- Try something new. Sometimes people spend so much time trying to improve the one strategy that works for them. Take some time during your break to try out something new, or a new way of doing something you enjoy. When you return to work at the end of your break you will have a completely new energy as you are so excited to try out your newest strategy.